So, I was thinking: how can you improve upon a Jack Daniels Glazed Donut? The answer has got to be some meat, right?
Take a delicious Jack Daniels glazed donut, add a meaty Aberdeen Angus patty and top with pickles, bacon and gooey cheese.
This is one of those rare moments when every single component come together in a perfect marriage of sweet and savoury. So good that I HAD to stop filming!
- 2 Jack Daniels Glazed Donuts - Recipe here: http://coopscooks.com/jackdanielsdonuts/
- 2 good quality beef patties
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 knob of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon of American mustard
- 1 teaspoon of ketchup
- 2 slices of thick cut dry-cure smoked back bacon (Streaky if you can't get back bacon)
- 2 slices of Leerdammer cheese (or any cheese you love)
- 2 Pickles
- 2 large Lettuce leaves
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 Beef tomato
- Cut the donuts in half and set aside
- Mix the burger meat with the liquid smoke
- In a frying pan, add one tablespoon of oil and cook the patties on each side for 2 mins on a medium heat and season
- Place cheese on top of the patties and then place a lid over your frying pan and cook for a further two minutes
- Remove the patties and set aside
- In the same pan, fry the bacon until cooked to your preference
- Add a knob of butter to the pan and fry the donuts (flat side) until browned
- Donut bottom
- Slice of beef tomato
- Red onion
- Beef patty with cheese
- Donut top
“Where did you buy that?”
Often when I’m watching a cooking show, I wonder, where did they buy that? To save you the hassle, I have listed most of the kitchen equipment I used in the video. Check the links below.