My very own recipe for Unicorn Sliders with Bacon Horns!
Unicorn Sliders With Bacon Horns
Write a review
- 2 tsp of instant yeast (not fast acting)
- 2 tbsp of caster sugar
- 500g of strong white flour
- 50 of plain flour
- 250ml of warm water (tepid)
- 60ml of warm milk (tepid)
- 50g of unsalted butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 and a half tsp of salt
- 6 tubes of food colouring gel
- Tube of edible glitter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- About 12 rashers of streaky Bacon
- 12 Burger patties (slider size)
- Tomato Ketchup
- Mix together, milk, water and sugar. Then add the yeast and stir once. Try not to over mix. Cover the mixture with clingfilm and wait for five minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the sifted flours and butter and combine with your fingers until crumbly.
- In a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, add your flour and butter mixture, 1 Large egg and the yeast mixture. Mix for 10 minutes on the slowest setting. Be sure to scrap the mixture away from the side of the bowl to combine every so often. At the halfway point, add your salt. Take the dough out of the bowl and knead until you have a ball of dough. Place the dough in a bowl and cover with clingfilm. Allow to rest overnight in a warm place.
Colouring the dough
- Preheat your oven to 200˚C. Fill a roasting pan with 1cm in height of water and place it on the bottom shelf of the oven.
- Take you dough out of the bowl. It should have double in size. Flour the work surface and knead. Cut the dough into 6 separate portions.
- Working one at a time, add one tube of your desired food colouring and mix in your hands to combine. Repeat this with your 6 pieces of dough and 6 food colouring.
- Roll the pieces of dough into a long sausage and then add together so that you have one large multi-coloured sausages. Twist and roll the sausage to combine the layers.
- Cut the sausage into 12 pieces and roll each piece of dough into a slider shape.
- Add the sliders to a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Brush with egg wash mixture.
- Place your baking trays into the middle of the oven and the water filled roasting tray on the bottom of the oven.
- Bake for 20 mins or until browned. Remove from oven and keep oven turned on, ready for the bacon horns.
- Spray the horns with glitter
- You'll need 6 metal skewers that have been brushed with vegetable oil
- Wrap the bacon around the skewers in a spiral direction.
- Bake in the oven until browned and firm. This should be about 20 mins at the same temperature as the buns. Allow to cool and pull from the skewers slowly. Cut bacon horns to desired length.
- Cut your sliders in half.
- On the bottom bun, add ketchup.
- Next add mustard.
- Cook your beef patty to your desired taste and add cheese towards the end of the cooking time.
- Add your beef patty to the bun
- Top with lettuce and tomato
- With a skewer, carefully make a hole in the top of the bun and place your bacon horn in the hole.
COOPS COOKS http://coopscooks.com/